Reid Alexander

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pierson Layne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sweet baby boy! 2 weeks

Reid getting his first bottle from daddy! It was a little messy, but he got the hang of it eventually.

Two weeks also marked his first try with the paci. I forgot how big the soothies look against their tiny little face! He does "ok" with the paci, but he doesnt seem to love it. We will see if he grows to like it more or not.

Starting to be more alert and practicing his tummy time

Big sister loves to try to give him toys and talk to him while he is on his tummy!

Our little man is definitely growing! At his 2 week checkup, he weighed 9.5 lbs. already and was 21 inches long. I was happy to see the two week mark pass. I dont want either of my kids to grow up fast, but most of you moms (and dads) know how exhausting those first two weeks can be. Once we were able to let him sleep longer than three hours at night, he still woke up about that time still to eat. Ryan was able to start giving him a bottle for one of those night feeds though on the weekends which helped me play catch up on sleep and I was able to try to atleast rest for an hour or so when both kiddos were napping. The adjustment from 1 to 2 has been much better for me than from 0 to 1. Not that I am any more rested, actually probably the opposite, and not that things are any easier, probably the opposite on that end as well, but my expectations were just completely different this time around. I knew my days of consistemt sleep were over for a while. I knew I was still going to have to get up in the morning and entertain a toddler. I knew it wasn't going to be easy adjusting to feedings and outings. I think knowing these things has made a world of difference in my attitude, emotions and behaviors. I have been blessed with two amazing children! Pierson has adjusted better than we could have hoped for and absolutely adores her little brother. Reid is laid back, loves to be held and snuggled with, and only really cries when he is hungry. I know there will be many more obstacles that will arise with juggling two, but I hope I am able to keep the same positive mentality I've had this far. We will see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment