Reid Alexander

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pierson Layne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010!

Since we have absolutely NO family on either side that is close by, we have rotated holidays between our two families since we have been married. We tried one year to see both over Christmas and it was just way too much for us and we didn't even have kids!!! This year we spent Thanksgiving with my side of the family in Longview. We had the extra treat of my mom coming up the weekend before to spend a little extra time with P. We got in a little shopping, some rest and Ryan and I even got to attend a Baylor game alone! Once we got to Longview it seemed that it was go, go, go. I got my first facial from my little sister who is in school to become an Esthetician and it was AMAZING! I think I am really going to like her being in this field :) Since both my brother and sister (plus their families), along with my parents and grandparents are all in Longview, there is always something going on when we come in and people to visit with. It is always great to get to see everyone, but we are always exhausted when we get back home! On Thanksgiving Day, we head out to my aunt and uncle's house in Bettie (bet you haven't heard of that East Texas town huh?). There we have our typical Thanksgiving celebration with tons of food, football, napping and talking.
Pierson watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and dancing along with the Rockettes!!

Attention from Nana

Sweet little cousins! It is so fun to watch them actually play together now that Pierson is old enough to understand what is going on. These two played and played all week! Maddie was so sweet and let Pierson play with all her toys and even drove her around in her pink Barbie car (which I think we will have be getting pretty soon for little Miss P because she asked to play in the "car, car" constantly!)

My beautiful little sis and her mini-me Maddie.

Pierson LOVED playing with her Aunt Kelly! She even learned how to say Kelly on the drive down and was saying Madilyn (madawin) by the time we left. She would say Kelly's name all.the.time. when we were there and it just sounds so cute coming out of her little mouth.  

She loved wearing cousin Maddie's boots around.

Mommy and Pierson

The newest addition, Jackson. He took a much longer nap than the rest of us did :)

All three of the cousins!

After lunch nap time with daddy! Is this not the sweetest thing? I just wanted to stare at them sleeping so peacefully. There is just something about my sweet husband that just calms Pierson (and me too for that matter!) and she can always fall asleep on him. These two are by far what I am most thankful for!!! It really makes me tear up sometimes just thinking about how blessed I am.

Our little TURKEY!!!

She is growing like a root! She is definitely going to have her daddy's height for sure. She is such a little ham too! She flirts, butters up her mommy and daddy when she wants something, fake laughs (apparently she gets that from me I am told) and talk, talk, talks! I obvisously don't have another to compare her to, but this little stinker gets smarter and smarter every day. Just over this past month, her knowledge of people and names has just baffled us! She loves looking at pictures and saying people's names. She is saying short sentences now like "I do it" and "I did it", "I like it" most things are still two word sayings like, "I eat", "baby eat" (we now have to feed baby when she eats), "I sit", "mommy sit", "TV gof ball" (can you tell what daddy lets her watch), "no mommy, me ______" whatever she wants to do at the time vs. getting a diaper change, "go bye-bye in car-car", "read book" and one of our recent favorites "bucky's do-nut". Yes, she is talking about going to Starbucks to get her favorite little pink sprinkled donut and milk (or moke as she says it). When she sees a Starbucks now, that is what she says! I think we might be going there a little too often :) Definitely my guilty pleasure. It's a good thing Ryan likes it too or I would be in trouble!

1 comment:

  1. omg - what a fun family filled thanksgiving!! P is such a lil ham!! love her!!

    ReplyDelete