Reid Alexander

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pierson Layne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Pierson's First Plane Ride! (New Mexico Trip)


Pierson and I had the opportunity to go to Clovis, New Mexico this summer with my mom and my grandparents to visit my grandfather's side of the family. My mom and grandparents went up earlier and Pierson and I flew up to meet them a little later in the week. Since Ryan had to go out of town on a business trip, the girls were flying solo. As some of you know, I was stressing a little (to say the least) about flying with Pierson for the first time by my lonesome. Let me take that back, I was stressing about flying with ALL of Pierson's gear for the first time by my lonesome :) The morning we left, I woke up super early to make sure I was completely ready and had most of the car loaded by the time she woke up. She woke up right on schedule and we loaded up, stopped by to grab some Starbucks and headed to the airport. Once we got to the airport, my blood pressure started to rise. Thank goodness for curb side check-in! I pulled Pierson out of the car and stuck her in the Bjorn (she amazingly still fit in there!), took out our large suitcase and her pack-n-play, strapped on the backpack and struggled up to the check in counter. Oh the looks I got as I walked up with a baby on the front, backpack on the back, suitcase on the right and pack-n-play on the left. I was sweating by the time I walked 10 feet! We successfully got checked in, I walked back to the car, reloaded Pierson, drove to park, pulled Pierson back out, took out the car seat and put it in the gate check roller bag, put Pierson back in the Bjorn, got the backpack back on and walked to the gate. I was so relieved at this point! The hard part was over!! We boarded with no problem and I don't even think Pierson noticed we were on a plane.

She loved watcthing the planes pull in!

I brought along some brand new toys to keep her occupied on the plane ride.

She did so good! She had her favorite blankie and her paci to help her ears.

Once we got there, my mom and grandparents came to pick us up and were able to help get all her gear. Pierson was pooped and took a little nap in the car ride to Clovis.

Once we got there, she learned how to play Mexican Train and Chicken Foot with the family.

We found a little park/zoo there and so Nana, Gamps and Ganny all took Pierson to the see the animals.

Ganny, Pierson and Nana taking a break in the shade.

Getting spoiled by Ganny and Gamps!

Gamps showing Pierson the Bald Eagle

Getting rocked by Ganny

Taking a little nap with Nana

Gamps took us to visit and place flowers on the graves of his two baby sisters that passed away as infants, Nelma and Stella Miller. I was able to learn and see so much on this trip about my grandfather and his family history. It was a once in a lifetime kind of experience to visit with and listen to the stories that they all had to tell. I feel honored that I was able to go on this trip and Pierson was able to meet these relatives. We hope to see them all again very soon.

We were able to fly back on the same flight as my mom and grandparents.

Sitting between mommy and Nana while we take off

She wanted to see everything and wanted to make sure everyone on the plane knew she was there! She entertained some little teenagers sitting behind us the entire flight. Pierson's first plane ride was a success and I clearly stressed about it too much (imagine that). We had a wonderful trip and look forward to many more trips in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment