Reid Alexander

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pierson Layne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

SOLD!?!?!

So you are probably wondering (unless I have talked to you over the last few days), what did the Cruthirds sell? Well.....

This would be it! Our HOUSE!!! You may also be thinking, I didn't even know they were selling their house. Well, we actually did not even have to put our house on the market, that is how good our God (and our amazing realtor, Genny Davis) is. This is too good of a "only God" story to not tell so I have been dying to write this post for several days.

Several months ago, Ryan and I began talking about how we have outgrown our wonderful little house and were thinking of "upgrading" to make room for a growing family (no, I am not pregnant). We contacted our dear friend/ realtor, Genny, and she was ready to get us listed. I was so excited! I even got Genny to take me out and show me a few houses in our price range so I knew what we were going to be looking at once our house sold.

I have been attending Women of Highland Monday Mornin's this semester and have absolutely loved every minute of it. God speaks to me so much through the studies each morning that I ususally can't wait to share it with Ryan that night. So about a month or so ago, I had read an excerpt in our current study about how Anne Graham Lotz will not make any major decision in her life without being able to point to a specific scripture that God had given her about that situation. If she did not feel God had spoken to her through scripture and felt 100% confident in His answer, she would not do anything, she would wait on the Lord. I was so convicted by that, I talked to Ryan about it that night. My reasoning for telling him this was because I felt I really need to grow in my scripture knowledge and reading His Word. The next morning, Ryan came to me after his quiet time and said that he had been thinking a lot about what I had said the night before. I was like, oh so you feel you need to gain more scripture knowledge too and he said, no, that he had been thinking about the other part of what I said about if you are not 100% sure about a decision that you are about to make then you just don't need to do anything, just keep waiting on the Lord. I felt a sink in my stomach, I knew what was coming. He then went on to say that he did not feel 100% sure about selling our house and listed several reasons why. All, of course, made a ton of sense, but it was not what I wanted to hear. I was ready, felt at peace about it and was ready. But, if the head of the household doesn't want to sell the house, what can you do? :) I love that He constantly puts me in my place as a wife! We continued to turn to God and waited for His direction. Ryan is great at this, me...not so much. So, time passes....still waiting. I can't go into all the details on the specifics of some of the answers we were waiting for, but there were a few big ones that we just could not move forward in without having clear direction from God. Last week, Ryan had a business trip in California. On Saturday he told me that he felt God really spoke to him on this trip and that it was time for us to look for a new house in Waco (which also meant several other issues had been answered). Of course, I was overjoyed! I can not express how much I LOVE living in Waco, the wonderful friends, church, etc. that we have been blessed with here. On Sunday, I called Genny and told her we were really ready to put our house up for sale. She said that she was actually showing one of her clients houses in our neighborhood that next day (Monday) and if I could get it ready, she would bring her client over to look then. You see, since I still felt that we would be moving soon, I continued on with the cleaning of the house, decluttering closets, etc. so when she told me this all I really had to do was clean. Genny showed the house on Monday. We truly weren't expecting much, we just thought it wouldn't hurt anything to go ahead an show it. He made an offer on Thursday of last week, we countered, he accepted Thursday night! Are you kidding me?!?! No "For Sale" sign in our yard, no scheduling showings, no making the bed every single day, no trying to work around Pierson's naps, nothing. We are officially under contract on our house that never listed. PRAISE GOD!!!! Seriously, PRAISE GOD!!! This does not "just happen" and it is no "coincidence." This is GOD. This was the confirmation we needed to know that we were hearing Him and following in His plan.

Although we have not closed on our house, we know God has a plan for us. We will continue to follow Him where He leads us. We started the house hunting today and had so much fun! This was one of the verses that He gave to me over the last few weeks... "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6.  He calmed my heart by letting me know that regardless of what happened with our physical residence, my true dwelling was in the house of the Lord. We are complete peace right now with where we are in life. God is full control and although not all life moments are as full of bliss as this, He is gracious and He loves us. He will take care of children, forever and always.

So the house hunting has begun. We are having a blast! Pierson has already loved climbing up total stranger's stairs. Can't wait to see what He has in store for us next :)

7 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how jealous I am of this post. We have had our house on the market for two months. Many showings, open houses, and offers later, it's still on the market. You guys don't know how blessed you are. God really does answer prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT story! Thanks for sharing. And yes, what a true blessing not to have had to list your house. So hard showing a house with a little one living there! This is super news and I can't wait to see where you guys find your next abode! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful news Kristi! I am so happy for you, ryan and Pierson!
    Love,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Yeah Yeah wonderful news!! I am SO excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KK this is awesome!! Can't wait to hear more and to visit your new home next time we get to Waco. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!!! still cannot believe how perfectly orchestrated this all was! God is good!!! Can't wait to see what else he has in store for you all!! :) HOORAY! And go super realtor Gen-gen!! :)

    ReplyDelete